The Liebster Award is given to blogs with under 200 followers; we were awarded the Liebster by My Delights shortly after passing 200. Rules and nominations can be found after the cut.
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
These are the questions from Sourcerer’s nominations: What work of art/artist/character in each of the following categories do you recommend as worthy of attention today? (Doesn’t have to be your absolute favorite.)
- Novel or Long Poem, your choice: Scott Westerfield’s Uglies. It came out in 2005, and it and its sibling books had a brief stint on top of the bestsellers lists, but it was eclipsed by some other things. The book, and its companions, are timely pieces of YA fiction.
- Non-Fiction Book: Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy by Sonya Sones. Another YA book, this one poetry, Sones’s book details what happens when her older sister is diagnosed with and hospitalized for manic depression. It’s an inventive form and works for her story.
- Author or Actor, your choice: Matthew Goode. I already had a nerd-crush on him after his turn as Ozymandias in Watchmen, and then I saw Stoker. His performance was breathtaking; I hope we see him more often.
- Live-Action Film or Play, your choice: Mud. I love Matthew McConaughey in a serious role, and Reese Witherspoon damn near broke my heart.
- Animated Film or T.V. series, your choice: Samurai Jack. I loved it when it was new; I love it now.
- Visual Art: Khalil Chistee is doing some really interesting conceptual art-creating figures from ephemera.
- Musical Genre: Punk. There are some very interesting social problems being worked out in the world of punk right now-especially since we’ve had the Pussy Riot trials as catalysts
- Band or Singer –Frank Turner.
- Superhero –Rogue. She has the most useful power ever.
- Currently-running television series –Scandal. Kerry Washington is superb.
And from Stiletto Momma:
- Army or Navy? Hm. I’m going with Army because my dad was in the Army.
- Why do you blog? I blog because I have things to say, and I want to say them to people rather than in a vacuum. I blog because I’m a nerd who is interested in the digital world and what we do with it. I blog because I like to write for no reason at all. 🙂
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go? There are so, so many places I’d like to go, really, but if I had to narrow it down to one, it would probably be London. There are many places I haven’t been, but London is one of my favorite places on Earth, and I’d like to go back there.
- What is your favorite kitchen gadget? Ha! This is a difficult one, because I don’t cook-so I’ll say-the microwave!
- What is the best book you read in 2013? Oh, that’s tough, because I read a lot of great things, and many of them were quite old while some were newer works. Grad school. I’d have to say that the best new book was Christopher Moore’s Sacre Bleu.
- What is the best advice anyone has ever given you? That’s a tough one, but I think it was my graduate adviser saying: don’t get it right-get it written. That’s gotten me through a lot of tough patches in my writing.
- When you aren’t blogging, what is you’re favorite thing to do? Reading. A good book is my kryptonite in that it can render me utterly useless.
- How many pairs of shoes are in your closet? An impractical amount, especially considering that I wear the same 3 pair most of the time…Probably about 15 or so.
- What are you going to do when you are done with all the work I’ve given you to accept this award? Hmm…Probably read!
- What’s for dinner? I honestly don’t know yet. We haven’t thought that far ahead
And from My Delights:
1.) Describe yourself in 5 words. Dreamer/wanderer/introvert/observerer/writer
2.) What makes you laugh? Many, many things. Bad jokes, other people’s laughs, funny expressions, etc.
3.) What motivates you? My little family-my son, dog, and fiancee-and the joy of being with them.
4.) What’s your guilty pleasure? Netflix marathons
5.) What are you passionate about? Living.
6.) Describe your favourite place. It’s warm and cozy with my favorite people-home!
7.) How are you feeling today? Pretty good, all things considered.
8.) If you were given 1 year of free airline tickets to travel the world, where would you go? Everywhere!
9.) What’s your favourite music? Alternative10.) Spicy or mild? Spicy!
And now I’ll nominate 10 bloggers:
Made by Steven
The Ever and Ever that Fiction Allows
The Pixelated Historian
A Soulful Journey of Darkjasm
Meet and Geek
The Fangirl Perspective
Picture This Book
Sweating to Mordor
An American View of British Science Fiction
And I’ll let this be nominees’ choices. Out of the 30 questions listed here, choose 10 that you’d like to answer. Or just enjoy the award. Honestly, I’m not fussed about the rules, but I want people to get to following your awesome, mostly nerdy blogs.
This has been one of our best blogging weeks so far; I’ve delighted to have been Freshly Pressed yesterday, to welcome new followers, and to have some new contributors coming on board this week.