I’ve been watching this go about my blog-feed today, on Science Fiction, Transmedia, and Fiction and on Things Matter and as I’m reading through, it just looks like a fun thing to do. And really, I want a few fun things at the top of this page. Gene’O and I have put to rest the other situation, and though it was necessary to publicly address the situation, I’m quite ready to let the negativity make way on down the page. So here I go:
THREE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF:
- I’m a grammar nerd.
- I’m an introvert.
- I’ve always wanted to take up fencing.
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
- Cuddles from Tank and the Little Jedi
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
- Netflix marathons with the boys
THREE CAREERS YOU’RE CONSIDERING/YOU’VE CONSIDERED:
- Speech pathologist
THREE BOOKS YOU HAVE RECENTLY READ:
- The Second Sex-Simone de Beauvoir
- Anya’s Ghost-Vera Brosgol
- The Hidden Life of Girls: Games of Stance, Status, and Exclusion-Marjorie Harness Goodwin
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WORKING ON, WRITING WISE:
- Blogging. I’m always working on blogging these days.
- Gathering research for a dissertation on the rise of the YA novel
- Teaching philosophy
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
- Finish my PhD
- Spend a night in the Winchester House
- Go to Ireland
THREE CELEB IDOLS:
- Neil Gaiman
- Emma Watson
- “Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature.” -Tom Robbins
- “I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God.”-Johnny Cash
- “I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It’s when you know you’re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.”-Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird