Each week, The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly book meme. This week we’ve shifted gears a bit, and we’re talking about blogging confessions. So here are 10 blogging confessions from me:
1. I cannot write without noise in the background. It’s generally the TV, but sometimes I listen to music as well. I just, in general, don’t like silence.
2. Sometimes I read something that I wrote ages ago and I think “did I write that?” And sometimes that’s a “wow, that was great” moment. Sometimes that’s an “oh no, that was awful moment.
3. Every day, I’m amazed at the way these blogs have grown since we started them approximately 8 months ago.
4. I stress about blog comments. If I can’t get to them quickly enough or if I don’t have much time to comment on other blogs, I get concerned.
5. There are things that I would like to blog about that I know that I never will.
6. My first blog was on LiveJournal, many years ago. I then used the blog feature on Myspace. Those accounts are long gone, but they were the seeds of what you see here.
7. Gene’O, my older sibling, cooked up the idea for a collaborative blog with a group of friends, and he brought me into the fold. He’d been planning off and on for a month or two, and we then planned for another month or two before I just started Part Time Monster one evening and then called him to stay I’d started up a blog.
8. Despite all the planning we did, I didn’t pre-write any entries. That’s probably the only thing I regret, in hindsight. It’s definitely advice I’d give to anyone about to start up a blog—-write 20 to 50 entries before you ever publish the first one.
9. I try to post daily, and I’ve managed to do so, with the help of my contributors, for most of the last several months.
10. I’m really, really glad that there’s spell-check software on WordPress.