So I’ve been remiss about giving awards back when I get them, mostly because I’ve fallen behind. I made the mistake of saving one award, and now I’ve got a half dozen or so to give out. Ah well.
First up, we’ve the Versatile Blogger Award. On March 29, Comparative Geeks nominated Part Time Monster for this award (see how behind I am!). Gene’O and I were lucky enough to stumble across Comp Geeks when we first started blogging, and we’re so glad that we did!
Here are the rules-for-awarding:
- Display the award on your blog
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees in the post and let them know of their nomination with a comment.
- Post seven things about yourself.
I’ve got the award up and am sending huge thank-yous to Comparative Geeks. And I’m going to let the ping-backs to my 15 nominees serve as notifications, since I’m gallivanting on the beach right now.
Please note, of course, that if you’re not an award passer-along, that’s a-ok. I like acknowledging good blogs and bloggers, and I like pointing my readers to those blog. Award posts mean that I get to do that.
Here are my 15 nominees:
Old Road Apples
Wonders in the Dark
We Geek Girls
Nerd in the Brain
Victim to Charm
Caught Read Handed
The Lefthander’s Path
Catch a Falling Star
The Artistic Christian
And here, my 7 facts:
1. I cannot whistle. People have been trying to teach me to whistle for 30 years, to no avail. It just ain’t happening, folks.
2. I’ve never had to have a tooth pulled. The closest I’ve come were my wisdom teeth, but those had to be cut out rather than pulled.
3. I wore braces on my teeth and huge glasses for a few years, and during that time, my mom was still trying to tame my very curly hair by blow drying it straight, but it mostly just ended up frizzy. My photos from 4th to 8th grade are absolutely cringe-worthy.
4. The first time I ever had to back up a car, I ran into my parents’ van. My driving has gotten much better (but I still hate reverse).
5. I still have a notebook full of bad poetry and stories that I wrote when I was in grade school, and I cannot part with it. That stuff will never be salvageable, but it’s still meaningful.
6. I’m a very picky eater. Generally, my refusal to eat something is based on texture rather than taste.
7. I have a terrible sense of direction, but I do usually get where I need to go—-sooner or later.
I’ve still got awards to give out, and I’ll be doing so over the next few weeks once or twice a week until I’m caught up. Luckily, I’m not going to run out of wonderful bloggers to give awards to. 🙂