Today, I have wanderlust. Maybe it’s the grey, cool weather. Maybe it’s all the reading I’ve been doing. Anyway, it’s a wanderlust of a special sort, the longing for places we can’t actually get to. There’s probably a word for that, but I don’t know what it is.
That means today’s Thursday Thirteen is inspired by fictional places I’d like to go to. And I noticed that they have something in common–they’re not entirely safe. I do suppose that’s part of their charm, though. Et en Arcadia ego.
1. Middle Earth, The Lord of the Rings
2. Narnia, The Chronicles of Naria
3. Eerie, Indiana
4. Neverland, Peter Pan
5. Sunnydale, California, Buffy the Vampire Slayer
6. London Below, Neverwhere
7. Hogwarts, Harry Potter series
8. New New York, Futurama
9. The Emerald City, The Wizard of Oz
10. Halloweentown, The Nightmare before Christmas
11. Twin Peaks, Washington
12. Wonderland, Alice in Wonderland
13. Storybrooke, Once Upon a Time