Each week, The Broke and the Bookish host Top Ten Tuesday, a booking meme. This week, we’re discussing books that are due out in 2015 that we can’t wiat to read. And today, I got the news that I passed the retake of my written comps exam, so I’ll be taking the oral portion on Monday the 8th. With any luck (and, let’s be honest, a lot of effort), this time next week I’ll be ABD. So here are 10 books that are coming out in 2015, every one of them more fascinating as a prepare to write a dissertation about literature, culture, and creating American girlhood.
1. Toons in Toyland: The Story of Cartoon Character Merchandise, Tim Hollis
2. Girl in Dior, Annie Goetzinger.
3. Wonderwoman: Bondage and Feminism in the Marston/Peter Comics, 1941-1948, Noah Berlatsky.
4. Ersatz America: Hidden Traces, Graphic Texts, and the Mending of Democracy, Rebecca Mark.
5. The Cat, the Devil, the Last Escape: A Novel, Shirley and Rousseau and Pat J.J. Murphy.
6. The Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl, Issa Rae.
7. For a Voice and the Vote: My Journey with the Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party, Lisa Anderson Todd.
8. Girl in a Band, Kim Gordon.
9. Russian Tattoo: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova.
10. Turning 15 on the Road to Freedom: My Story of the Selma Voting Rights March, Lynda Blackmon Lowery.
Bonus: Trigger Warning, Neil Gaiman. More short fiction from Gaiman? Yes, yes, and yes. Thus far, his short fictions have been my favorites.