I’ve been a major fan of Netflix’s American remake of House of Cards since the show’s first season hit instant streaming. I’ve loved both Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright since I was young, only more so as I’ve gotten older and had chance to see more of their work. And the two work *so well* together for the show.
Last week, I wrote reviews of the show for Sourcerer. I wanted to put this Thursday 13 up then, to coincide with the run, but I didn’t quite make it, so here goes. 🙂
1. “I’ve always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death, it puts even the most powerful men on their backs.
2. “The nature of promises, Linda, is that they remain immune to changing circumstances.”
3. “I love that woman. I love her more than sharks love blood.”
4. “The best thing about human beings is that they stack so neatly.”
5. “Power is a lot like real estate. It’s all about location, location, location. The closer you are to the source, the higher your property value.”
6. “Democracy is so overrated.”
7. “Nobody’s a Boy Scout; not even Boy Scouts.”
8. “For those climbing to the top of the food chain there can be no mercy. There is but one rule: hunt or be hunted.”
9. “Everything is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.”
10. “Shake with your right hand but hold a rock in the left.”
11. “I feel exposed, like the skin where my ring used to be. Even Achilles was only as strong as his heel.”
12. “If you don’t like how the table is set, turn over the table.”
13. “That’s how you devour a whale: one bite at a time.”