It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been able to make it to the Thursday Thirteen, but we’re back in full force this week.
When last we met, we talked about things I had never done—and apparently some of them were quite surprising. This week I wanted to make a list of some things I have done and concentrate on some of the extraordinary experiences that I’ve been lucky enough to have. Here goes:
1. Played with tiger cubs.
2. Spent a summer abroad.
3. Gone whitewater rafting—and swam out of a class IV whirlpool rapid after falling out of the raft.
4. Seen an active volcano.
5. Written an essay longer than the book it was about.
6. Sipped mimosas with the Lord Mayor of London and England’s poet laureate.
7. Learned how to play piano.
8. Gotten a tattoo—or 4.
9. Held an alligator (never mind that it was a baby!)
10. Swam in the Atlantic Ocean.
11. Attended a Mardi Gras Ball.
12. Owned a horse and gone for trail rides.
13. Visited Loch Ness to hunt for Nessie.