- How to Get Away with Murder, Season 2.
I finally caught up on this one, and I’m glad that I gave it a chance. The acting is superb, and the story is well written. It deserves a better title, though.
- Tucker and Dale Versus Evil
I needed a laugh this week, and this was pitch-perfect. Sam and I are still quoting it, and we watched it early in the week.
- Gold Fame Citrus, Claire Vaye Watkins.
I’m only 25 pages or so into this one—I started it last night–but I’m already hooked. The story is set in the not-terribly-distant future in California, now a barren wasteland due to severe droughts. Watkins’ writing packs a punch; I can’t wait to see how this one ends up.
- Fates and Furies, Lauren Groff.
I just started this one, but it’s one I’ve been looking forward to. I’ve had it on hold in the library for ages, and I finally picked it up yesterday.
News I’m Following:
- Terrorist attacks worldwide and the Syrian refugee crisis.
I just don’t have words for most of what is going on right now—but I’m watching.
- Americans react to the refugee crisis in some appalling ways (and some good ones, too).
I’ve seen both love and hate in the news and in my own social media newsfeeds this week. I had a chance to be part of an drive to help the refugee families in NOLA. There’s hope.