1. I like lists. There’s something profoundly comforting about a list.
2. I was born and raised in a small Mississippi town, where I lived most of my life. I’ve lived in New Orleans since 2013.
3. I earned an undergraduate degree in English with a history minor from Mississippi University for Women; I earned a master’s degree in British literature from University of Southern Mississippi, and I almost finished a PhD before leaving school.
4. I have a young son who brings more joy to my life than I can ever, ever say. On here, I generally just call him Little Jedi, although he’s quickly becoming not-so-little.
5. I’m afraid of ants.
6. I am claustrophobic to the point of hating shoes because they confine my feet.
7. I’m a feminist; I trace this to the seventh grade, when I decided to join the band and wanted to play the drums, but couldn’t because Mom told me they were a “boy”
8. I love animals. I have a rescue pup, and I’d have more if I had the room and time to devote to them.
9. I have 5 tattoos, and I wouldn’t mind more. All of my tattoos are highly significant.
10. I love children’s and young adult literature and watching cartoons.
11. I’m a curly-girl, and I feel different when my hair is straight, like I’m pretending to be something I’m not.
12. I develop little crushes on people very easily. I fall in love with the passion someone has while talking, the way their hair falls across their face, or the soft exhale of their cigarette smoke.
13. There are so many books that I want to read, that I should read, that I have problems re-reading any book. I feel as if I’m wasting my time, even if I love the book.